Hi, Don,
After talking with Howard at Elecraft Wed AM, I did exactly what you recommend below. I did the EEINIT, tried several saved configs, but even my oldest, which isn't that old (new computer, didn't bother to copy over the older configs from previous machine), exhibited the same problem. <sigh>
I did another EEINIT and started over.
All's good after an intimate afternoon w/ the DL1, XG3, & K3. ;^)

I /still/ don't know how I was able to change the PB shift for SSB to .01 in the first place, though.

Thanks for the guidance.