Hi Brian,

I believe I am seeing the same thinghere...  I used to use a program
called Dopplergram.  Dopplergram graphs audio vs time, and is used to
look for very, very, small changes in frequency.  By small, I mean on
the order you are describing...  A few tenths of hz.

In the past, I used it to watch Ionospheric movement changes, via
Doppler changes.

Using the old and the new synth, (actually using the K3 at all), makes
this now seems impossible, and I have given up on it.

I have mentioned it here a few times, and there seems to be no
resolution.  I asked if the external reference wold correct this, and
the consensus was-- no it would not.  Sorry to say, this appears to be
one case where the K3 seems to totally fail at the task.

The sawtooth steps as the K3 corrects for drift, (or whatever it is
doing), destroy the look of my ionospheric Doppler graphs.

I will probably just get a different rig, and use it for Dopplergrams,
while keeping the K3 for normal use.

If you ever do figure out a fix for this, PLEASE let me know.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)

For software/hardware reviews see: