ERR KEY should only appear at turn on if one of the key lines is
closed.  The only other report of ERR KEY has been when certain
software combinations poll the K3 too rapidly during transmit and
overflows the processor buffer.

Are you using N1MM Logger+ *and* NaP3 with their default polling
settings at the same time?

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV