This past weekend I experienced numerous ERR KEY messages. According to the manual, this ERR code is returned when one "attempts to key the transmitter or activate PTT during power on". When this would happen, there was no power turn on, nor shorted keying lines- it was in operation with N1MM+ in an SO2R mode.

What else would cause that error message? If I tried to key the radio before the PTT had been fully asserted, would I get that error? I am thinking that there is some connection between that error message and some timing elements of the PTT/Keying process that I could correct.

I have another op that is getting this error in an unrelated setup. We are both using the latest K3 firmware, 5.38.

Dennis W1UE