Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 5:51 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 10 MHz external reference

Am 09.03.2016 um 18:37 schrieb Gary Smith:
What external 10-MHz reference signal source might I find get that is
not terribly expensive that will do the proper job and allow me to
get this working?

You can look for a GPS disciplined oscillator (GPSDO), an FE-5680 Rubidium
based oscillator, or look for some of the lesser expensive GPS receiver
modules that have 10MHz outputs.

A GPSDO can be expensive but there are some more affordable ones if you look
around. FE-5680's used to be available around $100US (or less if you got
lucky). Lately the prices seem to have gone up for these devices, and they
tend to be power hungry. There are some GPS receiver modules that have GPS
receiver blocks on them made by companies such as Ublox. Take a look for GPS
receiver devices that are meant to be used as part of a flight control
system for radio controlled aircraft (or what some people call drones).

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

Message delivered to wb4...@knology.net