From: "HankP" <pfizenma...@q.com>
To: "Robert G Strickland" <rc...@verizon.net>
Cc: "Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 12:46:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT noise on 17m

The stuff I have run into that is in the 16 to 18 khz range includes furnace
/air conditioner  motor controls and  washing machines.

Of course those are intermittent which is also a clue- although
there are some furnace/A/C blowers that stay on at low speed all
the time for circulation.

If you have a P3 - decrease the span  and most of the newer stuff
at certain parts of the cycle will actually be several spikes in
each group of noise.

Hank K7HP