Hi Chris!

It sounds like you're speaking of a distribution line.  Do you have
any idea that the voltage is?  Is there more than one pole at each
cross arm?  It could be almost anything up to 240 KV ... or more.
In my semi-rural area the voltage for distribution is 14.4 KV, which
is pretty usual these days.

Do you have any contact with other hams in the area?  If so, what
are their experiences with noise and dealing with the local power
company?  Some companies are very good about dealing with
noise matters ...others are abysmal.  Odds are that there are hams
working for the power company's communications department if they
do their own maintenance work.  You might call your Public Service
Commission and ask if they have any observations.

Drive around the prospective neighborhood with your can radio tuned
to the very top end of the BC band and see what you hear.

I'm a retired power company communications technician and one of
my jobs was to travel the state (Montana) as the line noise technician,
so I feel like I'm qualified to comment.

73!

Ken Kopp - K0PP
406-560-1555