lstavenhagen wrote
> I dunno, the K3S audio actually isn't much better to my ears. Yes, it's a
> little better on my K3S compared to my K3, but still kind of shrill and
> fatiguing to listen to for long periods of time.

In this day and age, with PC soundcards and excellent freeware audio
spectrum analysis software (like Visual Analyser), I wouldn't settle for
subjective opinions like "shrill and fatiguing."  Feed whatever audio output
you're listening to into your soundcard and run a passband plot of your
favored radio against the K3s and TELL US why you don't like the K3s sound.
And then "fix it" (i.e., your preferred sound) with the filter and EQ
controls.  I'm assuming, of course, that you're listening through the same
speakers or headphones on both radios.

Folks, this ain't rocket science or magic.

73, Barry N1EU