On Tue,3/29/2016 8:28 AM, Bruce Nourish wrote:
I'm always terrified of losing the thumbscrew in the grass.

Easily solved. Method One: Put spade lugs on one end of the wire(s) that you rig for counterpoise, loosen the thumb screw, and slide them under.

Method Two: Put a spade lug on a short piece of wire, slide it under the spade lug, put a single Power Pole on the other end. Then add Power Poles to one end of the counterpoise wires.

I use method two. In the shack, it's used to bond the KX3 to the rest of my gear. In the field, it's easy to rig for a counterpoise.

I also carry a BNC to Pomona (dual banana) adapter, which makes it easy to rig wires to the KX3.

73, Jim K9YC