> What's inside the P3 that justifies a cabinet 7X larger than the PX3?

Nothing.  It is made the same depth as the K3 so the front panels will
remain parallel/coplanar when both units are used with bails extended.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 4/2/2016 2:16 PM, Mike Dodd wrote:
While eagerly awaiting delivery of my K3s kit on Tuesday, I built a
cardboard mockup of it and the P3 panadapter to see how they will fit on
my desk. <http://n4cf.mdodd.com/rig.html#NewRig>

I was surprised to discover that the screen is the same size as the one
in the PX3 I've been using with the Kx3. Plus, the front panel layout is
essentially the same as the PX3.

What's inside the P3 that justifies a cabinet 7X larger than the PX3?

I don't see any interior photos in the P3 owner's manual, and I can't
locate a P3 kit assembly manual on Elecraft's website. Does anyone have
a link to the assembly manual?

Thanks for any info.