I've been using an 80 m horizontal loop for as long as I have had my license,
about 15 years. It's a bit irregular with two supports on my house and three
in trees, height is 7-12 meters. I feed it with open wire feeder to an
indoor Elecraft 4:1 balun and then use the tuner of the K2 or K3 to match it
to the transceiver. I've done 8-bands CW/digital DXCC, 80 - 10 m, with the
loop as the work horse.

My decision at the time I put it up was very much based on the simulations
that L. B. Cebik, W4RNL published. His articles are kind of hard to find on
the internet now, but his best ones that I have on my hard disk are:

Horizontally Oriented, Horizontally Polarized Large Wire Loop Antennas
My Top Five Backyard Multi-Band Wire HF Antennas
Notes on All-Band Use of Horizontal-Plane Loops
Horizontal Wire Loops How Big? How High? What Shape?

These articles answer most questions on directional performance as well as
impedance and SWR.

73

-----
Sverre, LA3ZA

K2 #2198, K3 #3391,
LA3ZA Blog: http://la3za.blogspot.com,
LA3ZA Unofficial Guide to K2 modifications:
http://la3za.blogspot.com/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2.html