On RTTY, AF limiting doesn't occur because I run the AF Gain very low.  I
only need to hear the presence or absence of a RTTY signal.

On CW, I agree, because I turn the AF Gain up higher.  But, I also run a
lower AGC THR than I would on RTTY.  Thus, when changing modes between CW
and RTTY, it is easier to leave AGC setup for CW and just turn it On or Off
rather than go into CONFIG and change AGC THR.

For RTTY, though, slow AGC will yield a lower error rate than fast AGC with
the modern software decoders.

Ed W0YK