Hi all,
Here's an interesting finding, though I apologize if this is already in the
past archives.

No matter how careful you are when installing L33 on the bottom of the
board, it's so close to the bottom cover that any movement of it, say when
you're picking up the rig or manipulating the bale, etc., will pull the BFO.
On my 2nd K2 that I just completed it was so bad that I could pick up the
rig, set it back down and the tone of signals was very slightly, but
noticeably off.

So what I did was put a lockwasher between the cover and the standoff near
L33 to raise the cover a little bit and get it the heck away from L33 as
much as I could. It actually made a large improvement in the general
frequency stability of the rig - which means before I was seeing more
contributions in overall drift from the BFO in addition to the rest of the
circuitry.

The washer is an ugly fix, since the cover bows out a little bit, but it's
totally non-destructive and reversible. I did the same fix to my other K2
which didn't have the problem to the same degree, but it helped on that one
too.

Fortunately the slightly bowed out bottom cover is under the rig and you
never see it. But just in case you've been experiencing more drift in your
K2 than you think you should get, or it pulls when you pick it up.... that's
a fix that is working on mine.

73,
LS
W5QD