Agreed, though on my most recent K2, it was close enough to actually change
the BFO freq slightly even after releasing the pressure of my hand on the
cover, etc., when I picked it up and moved it around.

Course we're talking, like, fractions of a millimeter almost lol. I think
just the small warp in the RF board and maybe in the bottom cover are just
enough to get the panel close enough to the toroid and BFO area to make this
happen on my recent K2. I was extremely careful with the bumper and
positioning of the resistor and it was still mechanically too close to the
panel (I could see the slight divet in the electrical tape when I'd take the
cover off, but I never saw that on my first K2).

But even K2 #1 pulls the BFO a little when I handle it pressing on the
bottom cover with the rig on. Just not nearly as bad as #2....

But just the thickness of a lockwasher was enough to spread things out for a
great improvement...

Definitely not a "problem" problem, but, er,...How about a "very very close
tolerance mechanical issue with L33 and the bottom cover", I'll put it that
way lol.

73,
LS
W5QD