I have no plans to replace my KX3/PX3 with a IC-7300. But I still don't have 100W for it. At home, I use my K3/100 and on the road I'm QRP.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 4/25/16 at 1:44 PM, n...@tx.rr.com (GRANT YOUNGMAN) wrote:

I think your comparison misses the entire point of the KX3. But in any case, you’re welcome to the 7300 I won’t be purchasing or throwing (all 10 lbs of it plus batteries) into my backpack for a walk to the park … :-)

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091, KX3 #8342

A quick Google shows a number of reputable dealers selling the IC-7300 for
$1500. It has an
impressive set of features including a bandscope, 100W, and a tuner.

Compare that with a KX3 at $1850 -- $1250 for radio and tuner plus $600 for the
PX3. You can save
$200 by getting the kits. With the KX3/PX3 you get better specs, more portability, and PSK31/63 encode/decode[1]. But you only get 10 or so watts. Going to 100W will add $1180 (minus $50 for the kit), putting the KX3 system into an entirely different price category.