Tom,

Consider cost vs. need and your intended power level.
If you are backpacking in, then weight is a consideration, so LiPo and LiFePO4 batteries are to be preferred. IMHO, LiFePo4 are preferred because they have terminal voltages similar to NiMH ot NiCad batteries and the charging requirements are not as severe (and safety oriented) as LiPo. LiPo batteries need special chargers to insure safety during charging.

If you don't mind the weight of lead acid batteries, then the low cost alternative is a "lawn mower" battery, or if spillage of the electrolyte might be a problem, look at AGM or SLA batteries. That is old battery technology, but it works and is the lesser expensive solution.

An almost zero cost solution is to run heavy gauge wires from your vehicle battery. Just make sure there is enough energy left to start your vehicle when you are ready to break camp.

73,
Don W3FPR