I ran the KX3 temp compensation procedure twice (the first run was a learning experience so feel I got a good run on #2). I used my AG3 coupled with a very good freq counter.

JT65 is a synchronous code so that demands good frequency control (<+/- 10 Hz) and near perfect timing (< 1 second). Both are essential to good decodes of very weak signals. There is no casual relationship between them. If either is off very much signals are not decoded.

I just performed frequency calibration for one of my transverter customers and got the 144-MHz transverter within 3-Hz (tuned heated xtal osc.). The K3 shows frequency within 1-Hz at 28-MHz (using EXREF + ext OCXO). Both were run for two hours before calibrating.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: