I have a K2 with panadaptor and I use an LP-Pan2 and NaP3 as NaP3 supports VFO-B, while many other options don't. Note that NaP3 also supports the Funcube Pro+. Since the Clifton Labs Z10000 is not longer available, take a look at the buffer/amps sold by G4HUP at his website. The board is about the same size as the Z10000 board and I use it in my FT-1000MP Mk V and it works perfectly. Note that there are different models of the G4HUP board, depending on the IF frequency. I suggest getting the documentation from the Clifton Labs site on how to install the Z10000 board in the K2 and installing the G4HUP board in the same fashion.

Resist the temptation to use one of the RTL-SDR dongles as they have lower dynamic range than the Funcube Pro+ and they have no built-in sound card so are not supported by NaP3. You'd have to use something like HDSDR with one of those dongles and you'd lose the VFO-B support. The Funcube Pro+ with NaP3 gives performance almost the same as an LP-Pan2, and you won't have to purchase a suitable sound card to go along with it as you would with the LP-Pan2.

73, Floyd - K8AC