You’ll have more than 90% of a K3S if you have kept up with the mods and
offered upgrades over time.

The main differences would be (1) an improved 4-layer RF board with a reduced
noise profile, (2) improved (lower) IMD in the audio section of the new DSP
board for speaker outputs (this was supposed to be made available for the K3,
but nothing has been heard about it’s status), (3) “hard” switching to bypass
the new tuner module, and (4) a fancier escutcheon.

Everyone’s mileage varies on this, of course.  I have elected to keep my
fully-loaded and fully-upgraded K3 and not go through the exercise of
"unbundling”  the installed options, selling the barebones K3, buying and
rebuilding a K3S. and ending up in the hole financially.  I think the
differences would be completely unnoticeable by most, even if it makes them
feel better about their place in the world :-)

I’m saving the $$ involved and putting them in the
whatever-the-next-major-Elecraft-radio-is piggy bank :-)

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091, KX3 #8342