Well, the guys on the IC-7300 forum are fussing about all the Elecraft talk
over there.......

Chas

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary
Smith
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:30 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft Centric

Folks,

Till now I've kept my thoughts to myself regarding some of the lengthy
threads here, discussing other radios/Competition for Elecraft products. I
personally find these threads irritating and here is why:

This is the only place on the internet where I can find answers to my
questions about the K3 and K3s I own and I don't like seeing it used as a
platform for discussing the pros & Cons of non Elecraft radios.

I can't imagine going to an Icom forum and discussing at length my and
other's opinions about Elecraft or any other manufacturer. The only reason I
would dream of going to any brand specific forum is to hear information on
that manufacturer's radios.

Before I joined this forum close to 10 years ago, I was on the TenTec
reflector, reading daily as I wanted to buy one of the newer radios with
better hearing than my Corsair II. At that time I was considering the Orion
line. I had been disappointed with how that company at the time, was not
handling some of the long term complaints I was reading on their reflector
about a lack of updates and issues with end of life parts being soon
unobtanium. With that being a real concern to me, I looked to threads on the
eHam forums and read about Elecraft in the discussions and found this
reflector.

I used this Elecraft forum as a learning tool before buying my first
K3 and appreciated the dedication of the members and then to my pleasant
surprise to find the owners of the company were frequent, often daily
contributors to the threads. It took me awhile to realize I wasn't
interested in a K1 or K2 but the K3 was going to fit my needs and it was
made in America and I wasn't going to buy from overseas if what I want was
made here. That an option to buy a kit was included made it a lock for me to
buy the K3 kit with most all of the options available.

But my point being what I said that above; I turned to this forum to hear
about Elecraft products and issues, not to read lengthy discussions about
competitors products. I still consider that is the purpose of this forum and
I am bemused why people tout other equipment here, it's just bad form. I
would consider myself being rude and a jerk if I went to the Icom forum and
started threads about how wonderful my Elecraft XYZ was.

Just my 2 cents.

73 to all,

Gary
KA1J