Honestly, the size of the spectral display isn't as important as the fact that it is extremely effective. It works. It's all in one small box. The K3/K3s - P3 and KX3/PX3 are wonderful bits of technology. But their U/I's remain a fine examples of the best of 20th century design. Large, full color, capacitive-touch, fully reconfigurable displays are becoming more pervasive every day. Refrigerators have them. Top of the line test equipment, remote controls on the coffee table, car dash boards with two or more displays, it goes on and on.

The IC-7300 is Icom's first shot at full-color touch technology. They pioneered the full color display and were very successful at it. It's pretty clear that the Big Three have recognized the paradigm shift. In a few short years everything else will look dated - because it will be.

Doug -- K0DXV