Well, you get what you pay for is about all I can say there. The Buddipole is
so well thought out and constructed you don't have to replace half of it
with upgrades as soon as you buy it, like some of the cheaper alternatives I
looked at. You're basically done with the credit card the first time around
unless you need extra accessories like the aforementioned whips, and you
don't have to get it out again for a long time. It just works and it stays
together in the field, which for me makes it worth what I paid for it.

The only thing I had to repair was the painters-pole style attachment at the
top of the telescoping mast. It's held on with just a set screw; I had to
remove it and reinstall using hot melt glue and it's been permanent ever
since. That's the only problem I've had.

So yeah you can get other antennas for cheaper, but nothing else I looked at
looked like it could survive throwing around and setup/teardown etc. on a
repeated basis for a long time like the BP. And it's definitely proven
itself to not break or strand me out in the mountains for sure...

73
LS
W5QD

Jim Brown-10 wrote