From: Mike Smith VE9AA [mailto:ve...@nbnet.nb.ca]
Sent: May 16, 2016 5:08 PM
To: 'elecraft@mailman.qth.net'
Subject: K3 NB

I wish I could find the email from this weekend from the fellow who asked me
if the NB works on the 2nd receiver.

I hadn't used the 2nd receiver really much at all (only had the rig a few
days) and was hesitant to play with it until I learned a little more about
the rig in general.

Anyways - an AHA! -moment.  The IF Noise Blanker actually works pretty well
on the 2nd receiver.  So, that leads me to believe that there's something
about the primary rx that is not quite right.

Are there two KNB3 blanker boards in an early K3 with two receivers?

Can I revert the firmware back to 4.83 (I saved it to a folder before
upgrading to the latest) and see if somehow the blanker was maybe shut off,
then turn it back on, then re: upgrade the firmware?

I just knew there was something up!

BTW, it was only the first day I had the radio that I heard relays clickity
clacking when I had the NB engaged.  Now I just transmit once or twice, and
the NB letters flash. (no relay noise)

2nd receiver NB seems fine.

Is it easy to find the KNB3 board(s) ?

Tnx to whoever it was who asked about that.(kudos and give yourself a pat on
the back) - you were the only one in 25+ ops to suggest that).

  At least now I know the NB does in fact WORK in these Elecraft beasts..but
only in my 2nd RX.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB