ab2tc wrote

> Don Wilhelm wrote
>> The gentleman who was having problems has found the cause.  He swapped
>> the KNB3 from the sub to the mainRX.  In other words, the KNB3 in his
>> mainRX was not functioning properly.
>>
>> Yes, the NB does not do too much for power line noise
>> <snip>
>
> Hi Don,
>
> That is not my experience at all. I sometimes have moderate power line
> noise and I find the DSP blanker, not IF, rather effective. I use settings
> between T2-5 to T2-7. The higher setting gives better suppression but
> distorts audio for moderately strong signals (S7). For a while I was using
> some additional IF blanking but soon decided it had virtually no
> additional benefits. This is on SSB with 300-2700Hz passband.
>
> AB2TC - Knut

Hi again,

I have reread this entire thread and I think I start to see what's going on.
The KX3 only has a DSP noise blanker to my knowledge and some people who
have both KX3 and K3 say the KX3 's NB is much better then the K3's for
power line noise. I am guessing their K3 is set up for IF blanker only or
with very little DSP assist. On the K3 the DSP NB works very well and I see
the gentleman in the UK with the very convincing audio recording is using a
little IF blanker assist. That audio recording is very much in agreement
with what I am hearing when my power line noise is bad (usually on hot,
humid summer days).

AB2TC - Knut