From: "Ron D'Eau Claire" <r...@cobi.biz>
To: "Mike Crownover" <a...@gvtc.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 9:20:14 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] FPF problem

Hello Mike:

Depending upon the environment, some older K3 rigs suffered from oxidation
of the contacts on the connectors. In your case I'd suspect the connectors
between the front panel and the main RF board.

Simply removing/replacing the front panel should take care of it if I'm
correct. The simple procedure is described in the K3 kit assembly manual on
the Elecraft reflector here:

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/E740259%20K3s%20Assembly%20Manual%20Rev%20B1.
pdf

See page 41.