On Mon,5/30/2016 12:09 PM, Dan - VA3MA wrote:
When one makes it personal

Dan,

My apology if you were offended. Perhaps you're new to Elecraft. Many of us began buying their radios when they only sold kits, and everyone built their own. Indeed, many of us OTs built Heathkits. Elecraft buyers were not buying appliances,we were accustomed to working on our radios, and many builders developed mods that were later adopted and sold by Elecraft. A major reason that Elecraft products are as good as they are is that the owners are engineers, and they don't let their egos get in the way of taking input from their customers. The K3 was the first Elecraft radio sold factory-built, and it seems to have attracted buyers with different expectations.

My post was intended to help you realize that Elecraft is a company that does that. But it takes time to do analyze the problem, do the design work, and put those changes into production. With their competitors, you MUST buy a whole new radio to get the upgrade. It took Yaesu three product cycles (about ten years) to fix the awful key clicks in their flagship radio, the FT1000MP. With Elecraft, you can often buy only the upgrade, or even simply download new firmware.

73, Jim K9YC