That's exactly the combination I recommend and use with my K3 (no S)...

73, Ross N4RP

On 6/4/2016 4:00 PM, Cliff Frescura wrote:
Hi Jerry,

In regard to:

"4)      It should have support for contest operating."

Most general purpose logging programs have some contesting capabilities, but
there are many aspects of contesting that really necessitate the use of a
dedicated contest logging program.

I would suggest you start with a dedicated general purpose logging program
(my preference is DXLab - http://dxlabsuite.com/ ) and then add a dedicated
contest logging program (my preference is N1MM -
http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php ).

73,

Cliff K3LL/6

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jerry
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2016 12:39 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] logging/k3s control program

Now that I have been operating my K3S for several months 'barefoot' (no
computer) I realize I need a logging/control program. In searching the
interwebby one can be overwhelmed with the myriad of software available. I
would appreciate any input for my needs. I apologize if the following are
pretty much standard in all programs.

1)      I am primarily a dx chaser so a comprehensive log program should
include auto matching to notify me if I have already worked a station and
keep track of dxcc by band.

2)      It should have a field for entering notes (perhaps user defined
fields?)

3)      It should support cw, rtty & some digital modes - which ones? I
haven't a clue as I have never used a digital mode but intend to.

4)      It should have support for contest operating.

5)      It should be able to auto dump to LOTW.

6)      I should be able to export the entire database in some readable form
(suitable for Excel, etc)

7)      It should be able to fully control the k3s/p3 (or is this something
I should have a separate program for?)

To me it seems this is the list I need but the problem is I'm not confident
that I even know all the right questions to ask :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry, k1tgx

delivered to c...@cfcorp.com

Message delivered to n...@n4rp.com

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”