Neil -
        2 Great choices here. Elecraft and Linux.

If you want a full contest CW system then you can configure TRLinux.

I would go easy on running things under Wine - as depending upon what DLL’s
have been used - effects how the emulation will work. If you really really need
to use a Windows application and are having in Wine - then consider using a
Virtual Machine (Oracle VirtualBox is free and VERY reliable).

I did recompile get running TLF (Try Left Foot).

If you can program .. Just a little bit…. Then getting a CW capability using
Python is about 2 hours work (Less if I send you the source code).

73s de Tim - A45WG