Just a few questions to understand your measurement: How did you feed the
signal into your PC for analysis, using a microphone or from e.g. the
headphone output?

In my experience, it is very easy to overload the sound card in the PC. The
result is the same kind of distortion that your plot shows. A simple check
is to try to adjust the PC input level (software controlled slider) and see
if that changes the distortion.

73

Sverre
LA3ZA