Ken,

I do not believe that harmonic distortion is coming from the K2 - that
pattern looks like a soundcard overdriven condition to me.

When you reduce the AF Gain at the K2, you reduce the input to the sound
card, and at some point, the soundcard no longer distorts.

Use the PC soundcard mixer controls to reduce the gain settings on your
soundcard (mic or line-in, whichever you are using, and the master volume)
to somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of the max settings (if you are using the
mic input, you may have to go as low as 1/4 or less), then bring up the gain
on the K2 to produce a reasonable size display,  As others have noted, -30
dB is probably as high as you can go before the soundcard distorts.

73,
Don W3FPR