Hello fellow 10 watt K3 owners!

As my main use for my K3s is 6 meter and 144 EME operation, I bought the 10 watt version without the antenna tuner. I dabble a little on HF but not a whole lot. As such, the 10 watt, no tuner version suits my needs, although I thought it would be nice to be able to select 2 different antennas from the front panel (one for HF and the other for 6 meters). Spending several hundred dollars for the KATU seemed a bit overkill to me just to get front panel selection of 2 antennas.

So looking at the schematic, I saw how easy it would be to modify my KANT board to allow 2 antenna selection. I bread boarded up my schematic and It works exactly as I expected.

So I'm debating having some pc boards made to replace the entire KANT board but only if there is enough interest to justify doing so and I wanted to see how y'all felt about it. I project the bare boards would run around $20 to $25. You would take the parts from your existing KANT and reuse them on this new board, in addition to adding around $12 worth of new parts. So for under $40, you could have dual antenna selection on your non-KATU equipped K3.

Any interest?

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"