Nor would I :-)

Phil W7OX

On 6/21/16 11:31 AM, Eballina wrote:
I am feeding it with about 80 ft of coax. Barry I would never dream of asking for the
"secret recipe"!😜

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2016, at 2:28 PM, Barry LaZar <k3...@comcast.net> wrote:

SSB at QRP levels can be a bit challenging. I do have a KXPA100 and use it.
However, I only run QRP seriously for Field Day with a group who are doing the
same with KX3s. We do very well at 5 Watts, but we do have a few acres of
antennas. I have found two things that make a very big difference, antenna
height and minimizing antenna system loses.

You say you are running a fan dipole. You don't say what you are feeding it
with or how long your feed line is. I have a dipole up 40 feet and feed it with
open wire to a good 4:1 current balun where I transition to LMR-400 to come
into the house. You may not need a 4:1 balun for a fan dipole, but a good 1:1
balun. And, this is only needed if you have a fairly long run or want to
extract the very last milliwatt out of your system. I would tell you what we do
for Field Day, the extremes we take, but that would give away our competitive
secret. ;-)

73,
Barry
K3NDM