Hi Doug,

The problem with recommending a model number is that within a year of
purchasing a monitor it is usually superceded by a different model. I do
have some suggestions that you might not have considered.

Consider getting a monitor that can also serve as a second monitor for your
PC. Most monitors today have multiple inputs. A few years ago that would
have been SVGA and DVI. Later it became SVGA and HDMI. Now you might also
find SVGA, DVI, and HDMI. But that's not the whole story. You want to make
sure that you can change the monitor with a push-button at the bottom of the
monitor. Some monitors require that you go into the monitor program
settings. That would be much less convenient.

When I'm using the P3 I'll push the monitor button to go into SVGA. When the
P3 is off the monitor automatically switches back to the DVI input thus
acting as a secondary monitor output from my PC.

Typical 22" monitors can display the 1440 x 900 from the P3 quite nicely. Of
my ASUS and ViewSonic low-cost monitors I prefer the ViewSonic. The colors
are more realistic. The ASUS adjustments don't seem capable of getting the
softer colors I'm interested in. My ViewSonic model number is VA2265smh. The
ASUS is model number VS228H-P.

With two large monitors on a desk it's also worth considering adjustable
monitor support arms. They let you situate the monitors for best viewing
heights and angles without taking up valuable desk surface for your
equipment.

73,
Mike K2MK

Doug Hensley wrote