I would agree that there is very little if anything in a KPA500 to deteriorate solely from age, unless we're talking about hundreds of years. That said, perhaps John is concerned that, if the seller is not being truthful about the age, he may not be truthful about other things as well, such as abuse. Just a guess, I suspect I'd be concerned.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016