I'm confused why an EFHW should need a counterpoise. If it needs a counterpoise it isn't actually acting like an EFHW. If it needs a counterpoise that means there isn't enough choking impedance at the feedpoint, and it means that the feedline is radiating with the counterpoise acting as ... well, a counterpoise.

Manufacturers state a minimum length feedline simply to have the feedline losses help swamp out SWR variations along the line, and of course to marginally lower the SWR.

Dave
AB7E