It is a 6-pin connector and the wire at pin 1 should be cut at the radio end and to be safe cut it at both ends.

Yes, people will use full 6-pin cables and may not observe any problems. Regardless of such anecdotal evidencee, cut the wire to pin 1.

And of course, turn off the radio before you plug or unplug the cable at the radio end . No, you won't damage the radio if you don't observe this.. Yes, you may be surprised if you don't observe this.

You can see the schematic of the K3 to see what things are connected to, and pencil in the mod to see what changes.

73,

Lyle KK7P

Can someone send me the RJ-45 pinout for the connection to the K-pod
(with and without the power mod)?
So far, I'm experiencing normal operation of the K-Pod with a 14ft RJ12
6C straight through cable.
is there a reason that an rj12 6c straight thru would not work,???