RR....  thanks...  think I've established that they are using flat
ribbon 6-conductor cable with the "old" color scheme, parallel,
non-twisted...

And yes, all my experience says that:

1) using PROPERLY constructed twisted-pair cable choosing the correct
pairs (use 3 of 4 pair on CAT-5/6/7 wire, will yield a much more robust
standard length cable... and
2) significantly extended cable will likely REQUIRE some form of twisted
pairing, and perhaps even some additional "tricks" like 1 ground (Vss)
per signal, etc, etc... and perhaps even an STP with the shield bonded
to the chassis on the K-pod and K3(s) etc...

I don't KNOW any of this...  But all of my experience leads me to think
in this direction.

Granted, at the moment it is a solution in search of a problem.  ;-)

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389