Matthew,

You should not have to do incremental firmware updates.
Keep the 2.19 firmware files "just in case", but delete the latest firmware files from the folder where you have the firmware stored on your computer in case the copies you have are corrupt.

Open K3 Utility (make sure it is the latest), and then "Get files from Elecraft" to download the latest production firmware.

Once you have those files on your computer, click the "Send all files to the K3" and it should update with no problem.

73,
Don W3FPR