That's tougher to do these days. A lot of people are busy on the internet or whatever and watching spots. I see this in county hunting, SKCC and just about everywhere. During the week, I can tune the entire CW portion of 20 meters and not hear a single station. A check on RBN shows me hitting just about every skimmer in North America with a decent signal, so I know I'm getting out and everything's working, but nobody is calling CQ or in QSO. The conditions are there for stateside, but nobody's on. Weekends light up if there is a contest. Signals will be decent until the end of the contest, then the last one out turns off the lights. Not a peep to be heard late Sunday afternoon. It's eerie.

I tune around 20m CW two or three times a day and call CQ if RBN shows there's any hope of being heard somewhere, but during the week it can get frustrating. That would be fine, but it's too damn hot to work on projects in the garage instead.

Eric KE6US