Jim Hoge-2 wrote
> Can anything  besides the P3 be used to point and click for QSY?

If you want to point and click to EXACT frequencies, I recommend CW Skimmer
with LP-PAN.  Skimmer is the only SDR program I'm aware of that calculates
exact frequencies for its decoder dots.  When properly set up (which takes
some doing), you can dead zero beat decoder dots simply by clicking them.
This was one of my gripes about the P3.  It's difficult to position the
cursor exactly and then press the knob without applying any torque which
will slightly shift the frequency.

Another useful feature of Skimmer in large pileups is its "599" function.
You can watch the display for a magenta 599 to appear and then click to the
exact frequency of the last station worked.  I've worked stations in very
large pileups without ever actually listening to the pileup itself.  I do
dial in a small XIT offset so that I'm not dead zero beat with others using
the same technique.  For determining the pattern that the DX is using to
work the pileup, it's simply a matter of watching the 599s to appear to see
whether the DX op is working up the band, down the band (and by how much) or
random tuning.

Here's a recent post about how to do this (note that a KRX3 is required)
including a link to the Skimmer page which showing the 599 function in a
very large pileup:

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Now-that-the-K-Pod-is-shipping-we-could-use-your-help-with-useful-macros-td7619773.html#a7619780

73,  Bill  W4ZV