Stewart,

It is not in the early manuals since it was not available then.
Look in the new manual (I am looking at D10) which you can download from the Elecraft website. See page 55, the CW WGHT description. Also see page 36 SPLIT and Cross-Mode Operation.

If you look in past firmware release notes, you will see it described in the release that included this function.

It is a good idea to review the firmware release notes when new firmware is announced. If you want the function mentioned, download that firmware (or a later level).

73,
Don W3FPR