There is one efficient way to broaden an antenna’s frequency range—lower the Q.
That is usually done with large-diameter elements. You can cover all of the 80
meter band with reasonable SWR using a “cage dipole”. That is what they do at
W1AW. At VHF/UHF, you may see bowtie antennas, which are also low-Q.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
CM87wj