From: "Jim Brown" <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 8/10/2016 1:04:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 and inverter generators

On Wed,8/10/2016 9:50 AM, Barry LaZar wrote:
Your K3 doesn't care.

The issue is not compatibility with the radio. Electronic devices, especially those handling power, produce RF noise that is radiated both by internal wiring and by external wiring (like the power cable that we plug into them). That RF trash is picked up by our antennas, just like any other RF energy. Even the very good Honda EU200oi generator produces moderately strong RF noise, and requires a good common mode choke on the power cable that plugs into it. These issues are addressed in the link below, which is the slides for a talk I gave on noise in portable setups to the Northern California Contest Club several years ago.

http://nccc.cc/pdf/CQP-RFI2013-2.pdf

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to k3...@comcast.net