On Wed, 2016-08-10 at 14:15 -0400, George Danner wrote:
> We have used both the 1 Kw & 2 kw Honda inverters for field day and
> had only a tiny bit of RFI.  They were both very quiet (RFI & sound
> wise) compared to the 5 kW "construction" generator we used years ago.

> IMHO - I'd try the Harbor Freight unit. It is 1/3 the price of a Honda
> and H.F. has a good return policy (at least in Georgia).

I must agree about the Honda, I used one on FD, and never even heard it
RF wise...

I must respectfully disagree about testing the HF product, I would not
connect anything worth more than fifty cents to a HF generator for fear
of damage to my rigs, power supplies, etc.

I simply do not trust anything more complicated than a screwdriver if it
is from HF.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)