From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary
Smith
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 12:33
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] OT - 6 meter DX activity in sunspot low

I've made exactly five 6M contacts in the last 36 years, all of them a
couple months ago during Field Day with my K3s. It piqued my interest as I
have DXCC from 160 through 10 & this would offer a new challenge.

I discovered DXEngineering has a 3 element, 6M add on that attaches to a
tribander and gives decent gain. Considering my tribander is roof mounted on
a ranch, I won't have a great antenna for 6 no matter how I slice it. Still,
if there is something worthwhile I can do with 6M, I should.

So my question is for those who have operated 6M for years and know how the
band works during the lows of the sunspot cycle; is it like
17 & up where any DX openings are unobtanium, or does 6M behave differently
at sunspot lows and DX openings are common?

Thanks & 73,

Gary
KA1J

delivered to hamsh...@n4st.com