Well assuming you have all the mods, you should have the assembly manuals as
well. I'll assume you are replacing the Synth board, the Full coverage mod,
the KIO3B, the KPA3A and the KAT3A.

Not having books in front of me, remembering the assembly, I would remove Top
and Both Bottom panels. Also the Side Panel with handle.

Now remove everything you have a replacement for. You may need to remove other
side panel and back as well. See what access you need for removal.

Now re-assemble your radio in the reverse order of removal .

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill