Doing more than one install at a time is quite possible and can be a significant saving of time and effort. But to a certain extent, you will be synthesizing your own instructions.

All of these installs break down into three phases: Disassembly, install, and reassembly. The way I like to approach the task is to do all the disassemblies first. This gets the most buried component exposed. Do the install for that component, and any other, less buried components where it seems to make sense. Start reassembly and install an other components when they seem to make sense. After you have completed most of the reassembly, you can power the radio, perform any settings called for in the install manuals, and test everything. When something doesn't work, try to figure out why. The trouble shooting guide in the K3 manual can be a big help here.

In my trips into the depths of my K3 I have encountered TMP cables not completely plugged in (caused low output on the 2M transverter), used the wrong wiring diagram for the TMP cables with the new synthesizer boards (caused total failure to work), and a unplugged TMP cable to the second receiver (which didn't work as a result). Notice a pattern. Be careful with your TMP cables.

Some of these I was able to resolve myself and some were resolved with the aid of Elecraft tech support (Thanks!).

Enjoy working on your radio. Working on it is a lot more fun than shipping it off for the upgrades.

73 Bill AE6JV