>> Re:  "...Tweak the rate a bit each time the clock is set."
>
> Back in early 2013, there was some discussion on the
> Yahoo Group about doing something like that either
> through the Utility, or even a menu entry with "factor"
> that could be adjusted by the user.  It never went a
> anywhere because most of us just learned to ignore
> the clock, or be sure to reset the clock when we are
> setting up a site.

This was implemented with the KX2, "RTC ADJ".  Any feedback from KX2 owner's
who purchased the KX2 / KXIO2 Real Time Clock?

> If the KX3 clock isn’t stable with temperature, it isn’t worth bothering.

The accuracy of RTC IC's (e.g., DS3231) are typically measured in seconds
per year (+/-2 ppm) across a broad range of temperatures (e.g., 32°F to
104°F).  The KX3 / KXBC3 uses a PIC microcontroller to keep time, not a RTC
IC.

The KX2 manual states, "Monitor your clock's accuracy over 24 hours,
preferably at your typical ambient operating temperature."  I'm not sure
there's such a thing as a "typical ambient operating temperature" for a
portable rig like the KX2 and KX3.

Joe
KF5WBO