On Fri, 2016-09-09 at 08:04 -0400, Bill wrote:
> I have a Genovation 48 key keypad up and running - has been in use for
> several months. With the exception of on/off, I do not have much need
> to reach for the K3. Uses the P3 macro memories and is not directly
> connected to the K3.

Bill,

It is funny you should say that...  That was one of my motivators for
developing the Genovation keypad connectivity, I did not want to be
pressing the buttons on the K3 all the time, and wanted something that
was fast, and would execute any number of macros at a single keypress.

My hat is off to Elecraft for the support they gave me during the
development process-- they made software changes to the P3, adding a
macro for offsetting the the P3, which is part of the split + 5, and
offset the P3 to show the pileup, and were very helpful overall.

I know of no other company that would have allowed me to talk directly
to the programmers.  That level of support is unprecedented in this
industry.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)