I bought a new K3S two weeks ago, and I am trying to learn how to use
it. I apologize if the answer to this issue is obvious, but it isn't
obvious to me.

I am trying to use the K3S in data mode (JT65 or AFSK). I have the
DATA MD set to DATA A, MIC SEL to LInE In, MODE to DATA, and LINE
input gain to 10. Everything seems to work until I try to increase the
power output beyond 12 watts. At 13 watts and beyond, the power
abruptly drops down to one or two watts.

I can see the signal in my P3, as well as hear it in the K3S monitor.

I am using either WSJT-X, DM780 or fldigi software with identical results.

The K3S seems to work fine in CW and SSB modes.

I would appreciate any insights that might help me understand what is happening.

73,

Tom
N4WE